On April 19, 2023, the CDC made changes to simplify COVID-19 vaccine recommendations:
- Adults age 65 and older and immunocompromised people can get an additional COVID-19 vaccine dose.
- Monovalent (original) COVID-19 mRNA vaccines will no longer be recommended for use in the U.S.
Franklin County’s COVID-19 community level is currently green (low). We continue to encourage residents to embrace a mask-friendly culture.
At all COVID-19 Community Levels:
- Stay up to date on vaccination, including recommended booster doses.
- Maintain ventilation improvements.
Avoid contact with people who have suspected or confirmed COVID-19.
- Follow recommendations for isolation if you have suspected or confirmed COVID-19.
- Follow the recommendations for what to do if you are exposed to someone with COVID-19.
- If you are at high risk of getting very sick, talk with a healthcare provider about additional prevention actions.