On December 22, 2022, the CDC identified Franklin County as medium (yellow) community level. This has changed from low (green). This means:
- You should stay up to date with COVID-19 vaccines and get your updated booster if it has been over two months since your last dose (either primary or previous booster).
- If you are at high risk for severe illness, wear a mask in public indoor settings. If you interact with someone who is high-risk, take a test before you see them and take more precautions, like wearing a well-fitted mask around them.
- If you were exposed to COVID-19, wear a well-fitting mask around others for 10 days no matter your vaccination status. Use this CDC calculator if you need help.
- It is important to stay home and get tested if you have symptoms.
- Look for ways to improve indoor ventilation like opening windows and using HVAC filters/air purifiers.
Anyone can wear a mask at any time, we encourage residents to embrace a mask-friendly culture in all situations. When in doubt, mask up.