Effective, June 2, 2021, Ohio Governor Mike DeWine announced that Ohio Department of Health Director Stephanie McCloud signed an order rescinding the COVID-19-related health orders.
The following orders will remain in effect:
- The Order to Require Screening for Admission to State Operated Psychiatric Hospitals or to Department of Youth Services Facilities
- The Director’s Order Designating The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center a Public Health Laboratory
- The Director’s Order to Facilities to Notify Residents, Guardians and Sponsor of Positive or Probable Cases of COVID-19
- The Director’s Order Requiring Reporting and Notification Regarding COVID-19 Cases in Kindergarten through Twelfth Grade
- The Director of Health’s Order Designating Dayton Children’s Hospital as a Public Health Laboratory signed December 23, 2020
- Director’s Amended Order for the Testing of the Residents and Staff of all Residential Care Facilities signed May 4, 2021
- Director’s Amended Order for the Testing of the Residents and Staff of all Nursing Homes signed May 4, 2021
Franklin County Public Health advises businesses, schools, and organizations to request all employees, visitors and customers continue to wear masks inside their facilities to the greatest extend possible.
Sector Specific Guidance & Requirements
FCPH COVID-19 Daycare Guidance – June 18, 2021
Child In-Person Participation Algorithm – July 27, 2021
FCPH Quarantine Guidance and Calendar – August 24, 2021
All recommendations, guidance, reports and other tools for Schools (K-12) are now available on their own page, Schools (K-12).
Important Note for Businesses: The CDC recommendations make clear that businesses will be able to choose for themselves whether they continue to require masks in their premises. If a business chooses to require masking for employees and customers, that is permitted under the CDC guidance and Ohio’s order. If a business chooses not to require masks and leave that choice to customers and employees, that is also permitted in the CDC guidance and Ohio’s order. FCPH will follow that guidance and the amended Ohio order.